Collection of personal data
- The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data.
- As with all shopping websites, we collect personal data about you when you shop online with us. We use this data to make your shopping experience with us as easy, convenient and enjoyable for you as possible.
- You provide personal data to us when you make a purchase from us or if you participate in an offer or promotion which we run. We will also collect data from you if you give us your personal details in order to receive information about our products. We collect this data when you provide it on our website or via our social media platforms or our social networking. We may also collect certain data by automated methods such as using cookies.
- When you visit our site, click on an online advertisement or use any of our social networking sites, we may use in-house and third-party tracking technologies such as cookies and the analysis of log files. The data we collect may include technological information including the internet protocol address used to connect your computer to the internet, the operating system, browser type and version you’re using, your login credentials and information about your visit including products you viewed or searched for, the length of your visit to certain pages, download errors and page interaction information.
- We may process your personal data for carefully considered and specific personalised marketing and recommendation purposes which are in our interest, which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which enable us to enhance the services and products we offer to you. We believe that this approach benefits our customers and that they reasonably expect it. If you object to our using your personal data for this purpose, you have the right to tell us and we will stop doing so. We have explained below how you can contact us.
- We may also collect and process your personal data to protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities. This could include using your data to maintain, update and safeguard your account. We will also monitor your browsing activity with us to identify and resolve any problems and maintain the integrity and security of our website. We’ll do all of this as part of our legitimate interest in running our business.
- When you enter into a contract with us to buy our products or take steps to do so, we need to be able to process your personal data to enable us to complete your purchase and fulfil your order.
- The personal data we may collect from you includes your contact details (for example, your name, postal and/or email address, and telephone numbers), a username and password for our site, payment information (for example, your credit card details) and details of your product preferences and purchasing history with us.
- We need your personal data to be able to complete your purchase, process your order, inform you of delivery times, provide services to you, respond to any questions you may have, create and manage your online account and purchasing history with us and to engage in social networking with you. We may also send you details of special offers or promotions we may be running. We may also need to use your personal information to comply with legal requirements.
- To enable us to keep you informed in the future about what Guava & Gold is doing, we ask you to give us permission to contact you about our products, offers, news and services. We can collect and process your data with your consent in specific situations.
- Further, if we are required to collect and process your data for legal compliance, we may do so. Other than this, it is of course always your choice whether you choose to share your personal data with us.
- We may share your personal data with trusted third parties, for example IT companies, delivery companies and companies such as Google and Facebook. We will only provide the information they need to perform their specific services and they may only use your data for the precise reasons we specify to them. We will work closely with them to take all reasonable steps to ensure your privacy is respected and maintained at all times.
- We may also share your personal data with third parties for their own purposes if you agree to receive direct communications from them.
- We may also share personal data for fraud management purposes if we detect fraudulent or potentially activity. This may include sharing information about individuals with law enforcement agencies.
- We may also be asked to disclose your personal data to the police or other enforcement, regulatory or government body upon receipt of a valid request to do so. We will consider each request separately and take your privacy into account in doing so but will comply with lawful requests in all appropriate circumstances.
Your rights over your personal data
- If you decide that you do not want us to hold your personal information or no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you have the right to let us know. You can unsubscribe from marketing emails by emailing a request to us at email@example.com, marked for the attention of the data protection officer.
- If you have given consent to our collecting your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time if you change your mind.
- If we are collecting your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest in doing so, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We will then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data. You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing reasons, and we must comply with any request by you that we stop using it.
- You have the right to obtain confirmation from us that your personal data is being processed, to have access to your personal data and to data portability. If you find any errors in the personal data we hold about you, you have the right to have it rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete once you inform us. We will comply with a request for rectification within one month unless your request is complex in which case we will comply within two months.
- You also have the right to ask us to restrict processing of your personal data and/or to erase your personal data in certain circumstances. If you want us to consider a request to restrict processing of your personal data and/or for erasure of your personal data, please get in touch with us.
- Whenever we collect your personal data, we will only retain it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. For example, we will retain your personal data for 2 years after you enter into a contract with us, after which we will delete it.
- You can contact us by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, marked for the attention of the data protection officer.
- Of course, we hope you will never have reason to complain about our processing of your personal data. However, if you wish to complain about how we have used your personal data, you may submit a complaint to our UK-based Data Protection Officer who will come back to you within 30 business days. If we have not come back to you or you are not satisfied with the response we have provided, you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk/concerns or by telephone on 0303 123 1113.
- Cookies must be enabled on your browser or mobile device in order to complete a purchase on guavaandgold.com. Whilst you may still use the website if cookies are disabled, some features will not operate.
||Google Analytics – Set for interoperability with urchin.js. Historically, this cookie operated in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine whether the user was in a new session/visit.
||Google Analytics – Used to throttle request rate.
- If you wish to block cookies from guavaandgold.com, you can use your browser to do this although you will need to consult the “help” menu of your particular browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Sharing your personal data
- We will not sell, rent or share your personal data with anyone outside Guava & Gold and its immediate staff and partners except as described here.
- We may provide it to third parties who perform services on our behalf and based on our instructions, where they need it to carry out those services for us. These service providers are not authorised by us to use or disclose your personal data for any reason other than to carry out those services or to comply with any legal requirements.
- We may also provide it to other third parties with your consent (for example, Facebook applications may share information collected through the applications with your Facebook friends).
If you do not live in the UK
- If you do not live in the UK, you expressly consent to our processing your personal data and/or such processing being done on our behalf if you use our website, services or provide personal data to us.
- if you buy something from us, there will be times when we will need to transfer your personal data to a partner in a country other than the UK to be able to carry out your order. This might also happen if you ask us to take pre-contractual steps. In those circumstances, you give your consent to the overseas use, transfer and disclosure of your personal data by us and our partners.
- Of course, we hope you will never have reason to complain about our transferring your personal data to a country other than the UK. However, if you live outside the UK and you wish to complain about a transfer of your personal data by us, you may submit a complaint to our UK-based Data Protection Officer who will come back to you within 30 business days. If we have not come back to you or you are not satisfied with the response we have provided, you have the right to complain to the relevant data protection regulator in your country of residence.